Valentine’s Day is traditionally thought of as a time to show your love to someone else. This year, Khepri Cafe suggests taking a moment to express some self-love as well! This simple sugar cookie recipe incorporates CBD in the icing, giving your body a boost of wellness (plus they’re fun to decorate!).
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3 cups flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- Powdered sugar (for rolling out the dough)
- 2 ¾ cups confectioner’s sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Higher Healing CBD oil
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Food coloring
Let’s get to work...first, make the cookies!
1. Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together. Set aside.
2. Add egg and milk and continue beating to combine.
3. Gradually add in the flour mixture, beat until the dough starts to pull away from the side of the bowl.
4. Divide dough in half, wrap in wax paper, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
5. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
6. Roll out the dough. Sprinkle a work surface and rolling pin with powdered sugar and roll dough out to about ¼ inch thickness. Check that the dough isn’t sticking to the surface periodically. Also ensure that dough stays chilled - if it warms too much, place a cold cookie sheet on top of it for about 10 minutes.
7. Once the dough is rolled out, use cookie cutters or freehand cut into shapes - hearts, arrows, cherubs, whatever suits you!
8. Place cookies on a greased or parchment / silicone lined cookie sheet and bake for 7 to 9 minutes, until cookies are just starting to brown around the edges.
9. Cool on a wire rack.
While the cookies are baking and cooling, let’s make the icing!
1. Mix confectioner’s sugar, Higher Healing CBD oil, milk, and vanilla extract together in a mixer.
2. Decide how many colors you’ll want to use to decorate your cookies. Divide icing into smaller bowls, and slowly add food coloring to each. We suggest adding one drop at a time to control the shade of color you want.
And now the fun part - decorating! This part’s entirely up to you - spread icing on your cookies liberally, or for a more detailed touch use a piping bag (or make your own by putting icing in a Ziploc bag and cutting the corner off). Sprinkles, edible glitter, coconut flakes, or candies make for lovely creative additions!